This would make a great updated article guys! Or even better we could have a fantastic chain of tips from the Beer Universe users to help people like me taste beer and articluate what we think about them.
Some things i have read recently and have been implementing in my vocabulary:
1. If a beer is warm to the taste: The likely cause is slow turnover; warm beer lines.
2. If a beer is warm to the touch: You are probably drinking from a newly washed beer glass...duh
3. If a beer is flat and insipid - and lacks character: Most likely you have an old cask.
4. If a beer is too hazy but still fresh tasting: Most likely need to let the cask settle
5. If you have an undesirable woody, plastic taste: There may be a wild yeast infection
6. Frosty Mugs are baddddd. If the temperature is too cold, it will freeze your taste buds and kill the full flavor of the taste.
7. Keep an open mind, and dont judge a beer by its color or odor (sorta like dont judge a book by its cover)
8. Have fun! (most important rule!)
I feel like we have an article on this somewhere, we'll post it up for you guys :)
Awsome...you would never think (being uneducated about beer which most of america is no offense) that you do not want cold beer. It makes perfect sense. Although i love a cold cold bud diesel on a hot summer day...i think i love the refreshment of the carbonation and coldness and what memories it triggers versus me loving the actual taste of the beer!
What about non-carbonated beers? :)
Non or low carbonated beers are the best! Check a local brewery to see if they have a cask system and beer engine set up. These beers are drawn with pressure instead of forced carbonation and the flavor profile of the beer is drawn out greatly, especially with stouts and heavier beers. For serving temp I usually go cool, never cold. My general rule of thumb is the heavier and darker, the warmer a beer can or should be served.
Cask beers are good - except it's takes a while to get used to them, I feel like its an acquired taste...
Don't leave beer in your garage! BAD IDEA. Cellar okay, if temperature controlled.
Dip hop cones to learn hop profiles...I have a lip full of Amarillo to balance out this caffeine high ...mmmmmmm baby
Welcome to the Beer Universe Forums! Click the button below to register to sign in by clicking the link at the top of the page!